Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Heart in Packing

We are in the midst of packing.  At the end of May we will start a journey taking us to North Dakota, Colorado, Iowa and finally Florida.  It's been this hard time of not wanting to let go of the things I love where I currently am and knowing that there will be good things ahead - only I don't know that "for sure."  And for me, as maybe it is for you, when uncertainties are ahead my heart veers to anxiousness. 

Today as I was going through things in our room, I found a stack of journals.  I found some encouragement from my own penned words in them as I realized that in this moment of transition I have a choice ---- to walk in a manner worthy of God's calling or to allow my anxiousness to swallow me up and spiral into the dark pit that I've seen all too many times in my past. 

Here is what I read in a journal from 2009:

Do not now be stiff necked as your fathers were, but yield yourselves to the LORD and come to his sanctuary.  2 Chronicles 30:8  
For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven.  Ecclesiastes 3:22
Fear not, for I have redeemed you;  I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,and the flame shall not consume you.  Isaiah 43:1-2
So here I am Lord, I am willing to go and I will yield myself to you.  I will come into your sanctuary to find my peace, my joy and my hope because this is just a season of life and it has a purpose.  I shall not fear because you redeemed me, you called me and I am yours.  You say this will not overwhelm me, but that you will be with me.  So, even when I feel overwhelmed - I can cling to the promise that it truly will NOT overwhelm me.  You will give me everything I need.  Thank you Lord for loving me and caring about this heart of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment