Monday, March 14, 2011

Dependent


Tonight I lost my phone. At first I was just a little annoyed because I wanted to call Josh and tell him where I was. Then I got home and got more frustrated because I realized there were lots of things I needed to communicate via my phone and without it, there would be a cosmic black void, a silence, a.... AHHH... I'm sooo lost without my phone. Without it I will not be able to contact a vast amount of people. And the texting, oh how I love the easy quick way to shoot out a text! Oh the tragedy of it all! So I sit here waiting to see if the building manager from campus calls me back to see if they found my phone. If they don't --- well friends... that ain't good.


In the mean time, I am forced to ponder two things:


  1. I am dependent on my phone. I need it daily. It's my line of communication. Without it, I am lost. However, am I daily depending on my Savior? Without Him, I truly am a wondering fool. When I don't have that daily touch point with God, if only it would seem as if something were not right, something were missing, just like I knew that my phone was missing.

  2. Just as I need my phone to be in direct communication with family and friends, I need to be in direction communication with God. He doesn't care whether it's the long conversations (like when you're on your phone for too long and your ear starts to burn!) or if it's like the short text you shoot out. As long as it's communication, it's relationship building.

So I'm thankful for this reminder of needing to be dependent on God, but I do hope that I find my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment